Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Curmudgeon's lament

i am in one crappy mood today. i called Wynd last night and begged her to talk me down. i can feel my mood trying to spiral downward. This time of year i need to make sure i get enough sunlight or i will get seasonal affected disorder (SAD). Actually, that may be contributing to my mood.

i am writing from work on my lunch so this will be short. It is stupid things that are getting to me. Today we were informed that all emails must use a specific font and color with no background. It is more professional.

i have been at this job for 10 years and mostly like it but more and more i feel i am being Wal-Marted. The whole email thing is just a straw on the camel's back, i understand that. The days are getting longer and my winter malaise will pass, i get that too.

Wynd reminded me last night that i am the Queen of Curmudgeon. True, i like being a curmudgeon. i hate 'happy talk'. This is the noise of people who want to live with their head in the sand. "Don't make me look at reality. I want to pretend all of the world is a Thomas Kindaid painting."

On the otherhand, my inability to be that person may be blinding me to a more 'positive' attitude.

i don't know. i'll have to pick this up later. I've got to get back to my work, here in this cube among a hundred other cubes, in an office with no windows, in the middle of a Portland winter when the sun can barely pass through the clouds.

Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment