Thursday, January 08, 2009

Change is constant, chickies

Jessica's brother died, night before last...  it's hard to know what to say because i didn't know him well.  He was a musician, i understand. i'm certain there is a special place in heaven for musicians. i admire anyone who can play an instrument.

i just wanted to honor him with a small mention.  Jessica will need lots of love for awhile. i hope i can be of some help to her.  Peace, love and light to all.

i'm having a hard time writing.  My arm is really sore.  i don't know what i did to it but it hurts.  Ouch!

i have a lot of work to do this weekend here on my little 'farmlette'.  Mostly, the chicken coop and their yard.  i've got a lot of straw to move.  Some can go into the raspberries boxes but most of it needs to be composted.  I AM OVERRUN WITH STRAW AND CHICKEN POOP to compost.  Straw is working wonderful as an insulator around the coop and i put a lot inside when the weather was so cold.

My spring project is to build a really nice composting system.  i've started researching and i'm going to use my income tax return, meager as it will be.  

I feel a list coming on.  
i also need to get a few yards of gravel and perhaps build another garden box.  Oh, and there's some car maintenance and my flat roof need a coat of sealer.

i love writing my life here and i love you dear readers (all two of you).  But i need to rest this arm.  Seriously, it hurts.  i'm off to rest up for my busy weekend.

Later, Chickies.

No comments:

Post a Comment