Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For the Ages, for Debbie and for mystery


Mystery is the word today.  All the knowledge of humanity is tiny compared to all we don't yet understand... mystery.  How many lifetimes do i need to learn and do all there is to know and do?

The answer to that is one more mystery.

The future is another mystery but one can use what is understood about consequences to understand what the future holds.  The whole Earth Hour thing has me thinking about my contribution to climate change and what positive effect i could possibly have.  Since my grandson was born four years ago, i have tried to think in terms of generations like Native Americans.  
What ever i sacrifice will leave more for him.  That's been my thinking and my motivation to conserve, to sacrifice and to re-think how i do everything.

The problem is i really think the planet and humanity (all life on earth) is in for a long hard road.  i think it's all gone too far.  Humanity has not learned the lesson of the Native Americans.  We live for now, there are far too many of us and we poo in our nests.  We're dirty, indulgent and short term thinkers.  
What we need to do for the planet will probably not be felt by our grandchildren but if we do what we need to do, our efforts could make life possible for the seventh generation.  

I do it for the Ages.  i've got to teach that to my grandson because we will probably not see the results of our efforts.  The audacity of hope, our president would say.  i have to hope my efforts, my children's efforts, and my grandchildren's efforts will pay off.

In other news, my long lost friend Debbie got in touch with me.  i owe her an email but i know she is checking in here so... "Hi Deb! Love you, girl." 
There is too much to talk to her about in this posting so i will control myself.  Oh, and i will now have to join Facebook.  My friend, Wynd is already there and Deb says she has a page so i guess i will have to set myself up now.  i'll keep you informed.

Mi amigos, chickies and roos, it has gotten late while i sat here composing this post, so i must go but i leave you with the picture above and the link to a former post of mine that, i think, explains a lot about me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment