Thursday, December 18, 2008

BFFs... NOT!

Here i am crying again.  i cried at work; i couldn't help it.  My friend got fired.  i don't know why and i had a whole meltdown about it.  i felt betrayed by my co-workers, whom i thought were my friends, because no one told me until i asked if the weather had kept him from coming to work.  

After i heard, i felt embarrassed and then betrayed, i guess.  i was going about doing my job, chatting with people about the awful commute and so on.  No one said a word.

i asked someone to tell me what happened and my boss shut down the conversation.  She can't legally tell me why he was fired; so i guess i get that, but why hadn't she at least told me?

All the damn drama!  All the damn whispers and all the damn legalities wrapping it up in a bow. 

He was my friend; a real friend. Not a "work" friend, a real friend.  We go to movies together and talk politics.  We share news stories and he always makes me laugh.

i'm going to miss him.  Damn these tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment