Thursday, January 14, 2010

As promised

This will not happen overnight. i will be spending an hour or so tonight making a to-do list, setting reminders in my calendar and so on and so forth. But it is begun.

i picked a credit union. A very well established one. They have a great website and i already have my debit card. And i sent money to Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders as my first transaction. That made me feel like i put some good juju on my account as well.

The woman who set me up was really great. She has been doing this for awhile. She logged me onto the website and set up my password right there and then. i told her the new password trick i use. OK, OK, i'll tell you too. Use the first letter of each word in a sentence. Add a number or two at the end or beginning if you want. Example: i am a irritable old crone, would be iaaioc. Be sure to use a sentence you will remember... my car is white and my dog is brown... mciwamdib. Done.

i won't tell you her name but i have her card and plan to send a Thank You note.

i have EFT's to move to the new account BUT it is going to take a month minimum for my direct deposit to kick in. i did not talk to HR first because my experience of setting up my current direct deposit was so smooth and easy. Funny, there have been a few changes in the last ten years... hmm.

Note to self: Send Thank You note to HR guy too. So everyone, go to your HR first!

Next issue: moving my EFT's (Electronic Funds Transfer). This is what really makes me nervous. i don't have a margin of funds to work with so i need to coordinate moving my direct deposit and my mortgage payment EFT. i hate EFT's but they are a necessary evil. i have a Netflix account, a monthly contribution to a local non-profit radio station and my car insurance. All needing coordination. i think i will put Netflix and the radio station on hold for a couple months and concentrate on the car insurance and mortgage.

Well, that is boring. Enjoy... oyy. As promised, i will let you know how it is going from time to time.

Goodnight, chickies and roos. Love and kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment