Saturday, November 01, 2008

Dia de los Muertos







Last night was my grandson's first Halloween trick or treat experience. He was a Star Wars, Darth Vader type goon.  Since it was suppose to rain i suggested he wear his winter boots.  Oh yeah, they made him feel even more powerful.  He pounced around my kitchen pointing his gun at bad guys.  So cute!  He's a warrior at heart and he makes me very proud.

But i really got a laugh today.  He came with his dad to say 'good morning' and i asked him about going trick or treating.  His eyes lit up and he started to tell me all about it.  When i asked him if i could have some of his candy he said yes and went to his house to get me some.  Paul and i continued talking and a few minutes later, here comes Lincoln with one of those tiny Dum Dum suckers.  

"Here you go Grandma."  I, of course, said 'thank you' and he bounded off after the dog or something, leaving me standing there with my tiny sucker.  Paul just looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said Lincoln was being very 'protective' of his candy.  

Every time i look at that little sucker sitting on my kitchen counter, i laugh again.

We are blessed around here.  We have good friends.  We take care of each other.  As stressed as i am about finances right now, i am also feeling happy and blessed.  Travis bought Lincoln his costume and then came by to take him out trick or treating.  Then Danny came by to do the same thing but, of course, Travis had beat him to it.  Such good friends.

i wish i had a camera.  i will have one in a couple months though.  i've been at my job ten years now and they are giving me a camera at the ceremony in January.  Watch out world!  Pictures of Lincoln and the chickens and the garden.  i wish i could post one of my yard right now.  Mom and Dad would be so surprised.  It's all cleaned up and winterized.  

i am still getting raspberries; can you believe it?  i keep thinking i've picked the last one and a week later i get another handful.  Raspberries make me happy. 

November 1st is The Day of the Dead in Mexico.  So, today is the day i honor my ancestors and think about my family and friends who have passed. my ancestors were strong, they struggled, they persevered and here i am trying to be half as strong as they were.  i am so grateful to them and i honor them.  

Peace and love to all.
C


No comments:

Post a Comment