Friday, September 19, 2008

Keeping the chickens warm


Spending Friday night with PBS, per usual.  

i'm so excited!  i just figured out a way to insulate the chicken coop for the winter on the cheap. i'm going to surround the coop with bails of straw.  Then i'll wrap the bales with bird netting so the Girls won't be able to take them apart.  
i am confident this will work and it should only cost about $30.  i've already got netting but i am going to have to take several trips to the feed store.  my suburu will only hold two bales at a time, so maybe i can strap one on the roof of my car, as well.  

Now, that has to get me a mention in the Oregon hillbilly newsletter.  I mean, really...  what does a girl hafta do to get some attention?

i'm not sure what i will do with the straw next spring.  i guess i'll have to cross that bridge when i come to it.  Yeah, and i'll probably be crossing that bridge with bales of straw on my car.

till tomorrow.........




No comments:

Post a Comment